Friday, February 18, 2011

Congratulations for a Friend CCMC-OM3

 

My dear friend, Margaret has been my SU! demo for nearly 5 years.  We met when she and her (then) boyfriend - they're engaged now, Chris were having a yard sale.  I was brand new to stamping at that point and didn't have many supplies for card making.  I think I might have been at the "dollar store stuff is good enough" stage.  Boy was I wrong...I now am working on a whole room just for stamping and card making.

We have become fast friends in the years since and so have our families.  We often go out with them on adventures (including yard sales) and always have a great time. 

Margaret is celebrating a couple of milestones this month.  She has a new stamping and class studio in her home.  I helped her out a bit when she first started sorting it out but I haven't seen it for several weeks.  Stamp club is tonight and I am really looking forward to seeing it!

She is also celebrating her 10,000th visit to her blog, Whimsical Creations Unlimited , which she reached earlier this week.  Why don't you drop on over and see how fast we can make it 11000!  :)

This card is for the color challenge posted on the Create with Connie and Mary Occasions Edition for this week.  I used a vanilla base and a second vanilla layer that was embossed with the Elegant Lines folder.  I highlighted the embossing and edges of this layer with crumb cake and used the Small Script for the sentiment.  I chose "joy" because Margaret lives her life with such joy and also brings joy to everyone that she meets.

The flower is made with Rose Red, using the wing of the bird punch.  The center is Baja Breeze, using a fiskars flower punch and a little generic brad.  The leaves are punched from Pear Pizzazz.  The flower is popped on dimensionals.  The pearls are generic pearls from my stash.

Thanks for dropping by and checking out my offering today.

To Margaret, if you read this, I love you, sister friend...here's to many more great years to come!

4 comments:

  1. You made me cry - I'm still crying - you are so sweet Mel. Love you too! This card is beautiful, you put so much love in it. Without even having seen this blog, I left something on my blog for you LOL -
    Thanks Mel for your great friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card for your friend!!! It is beautiful...love the flower, the details...everything! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texture and pearls, what could be better? I love you card. Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautifully crafted card and was moved by your post. One of the best things about being involved in crafting is the amazing friendships you build with the people that share your passion. Hope you had a lovely time at stamp club!

    ReplyDelete