Friday, February 4, 2011

Christmas...in February??

I know, I know...Christmas is done and past.  No  sense thinking about it until...oh...I don't know...maybe November, right?  Not really!

I haven't gotten Christmas cards out for the past few years, I am ashamed to say.  I didn't have the time when John was going through chemo and radiation and all and then these past couple of year I haven't found the time to get the cards made and out in time.

SO...this year I have joined a challenge thread on Splitcoast stampers to get my Christmas card making butt in gear.  I have committed to making 6 cards a month from Jan until Nov.  By the end of it I will have 66 cards, give or take, ready to be sent to eagerly waiting recipients.  :) 

Dasher was my card for January.  Details of the project are on my gallery on Splitcoast.  It's a peaceful card, and I am quite pleased with the results.



February's card features snowflakes on white.  I sponged squares and stamped the snowflakes over them in Night Of Navy.  I use the older snowflake punch to create a stencil,  which I used to sponge snowflakes above the squares.  I added the sentiment from All Year Cheer II  and a bow made of ribbon from my stash.  I love the clean look of a one layer card.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment