Friday, February 11, 2011

CCMC-OM2 - Wedding Wishes



Isn't it funny how sometimes you start making a card with one thing in mind and as you go along it morphs into something entirely different? That is the way of this card.

When I saw Valita's tutorial for paper roses made with the 2 step owl punch I definitely HAD to try to make one.  John got me an owl punch for Christmas and I am loving playing with it.  I made this flower last night while watching Big Bang Theory - absolutely one of my favorite shows...but I digress.

I had decided that I would use the rose on a friendship card for my friend, Ina.  Somehow, as I gathered my supplies (I am having to lug everything to the dining room table until my room is done) it became a wedding card.  I don't know why...I don't have any weddings to go to...I have a very good friend that is engaged...but hasn't set a date yet.  It just sort of happened to become a wedding card.  I'll just have to create another card for Ina.  :) 

It is for this week's Create with Connie and Mary challenge, using this sketch:

I love sketch challenges, but for some reason don't enter them all that often.  It's fun to see how many different ways people interpret a design. For my card I used Apricot appeal CS, sponged with Only Orange at the edges.  I did the same with the petals of the rose to give it some depth and shading.  The Textured paper is from my stash.  It's from a handmade paper stack.  All of the other supplies are just generic ones that I have had for a while, and I used Teeny Tiny Wishes for the sentiment, punched with the Word Window and matted with the Modern Label punches.  Some pearl beads and sheer ribbon shot with gold thread tied to the rings finished things up. 

I hope you like it.  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Holy Snapping Turtles - this is gorgeous Mel.
    Oh and I wonder which engaged friend you are talking about LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...this is so completely and totally AWESOME!!!!! I love EVERY element on there and you flower is just FABULOUS! Thanks for joining us this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Occasions Edition Saturday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors, the pearls and that awesome flower! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunner!! love the colours... great job and thanks for the link back :) Valita

    ReplyDelete