Friday, March 25, 2011

Camper's Wedding


How cute is this!!  A collegue at work asked me to make a wedding/shower card for a wedding that she is going to. The couple are apparently avid campers and outdoors lovers and she asked specifically for something with a tent on it.  I had a look through my bazillion stamps and realised I didn't have anything even remotely camping themed.  My next stop was, of course, the web for inspiration.  I came across this website:

http://crafts.kaboose.com/tent-card.html

Which had the perfect template for me. 

I used basic white card stock for the base, sponged lightly with Blushing Bride to add some dimension. I also stamped "congratulations"  from the All Year Cheer 2 set from 2002.

For the tent layer I used the square lattice folder and for the tent fly I used a cuttlebug folder that I can't recall the name of.  The flowers looked wedding-ish to me.  :)  For the netting I used a piece of net with silver threads from my stash and pieces of silver cord for the "ropes". 

I think it's totally adorable, and hope that it will work for my collegue's needs. 

Hope your day is a sunny one!

1 comment: